Best Transit – Health Advisory
Best Transit strives to provide its customers and employees with best experience. As we all continue to fight the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. We wanted to reach out and assure you that the health and safety of our customers, employees and communities are our top priority.
We worked quickly last week to review and expand protocols for cleaning our vehicles to help control the spread of the coronavirus/COVID-19. We do want to emphasize that riders ultimately have the most important role to play in protecting themselves and others.
Based on guidance by WHO (World Health Organization) and CDC (Center for Disease Control). We are taking the following precautions to ensure a safe and healthy customer and employee experience.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community.This is especially important for people with underlying health conditions.
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Wear a facemask if you are sick and seek medical attention as soon as possible.
- Stay away from crowded areas.
- We are making hand sanitizer accessible to all our office staff.
- Cleaning AND disinfecting frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
- If surfaces are dirty, clean them: Use detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection.
- We’re putting posters on vehicles reminding everyone to follow critical health guidelines.
- People who experience potential symptoms need to avoid public areas, including riding the vans/buses.
- It’s critical that we all wash our hands frequently and thoroughly, including before and after riding.
- These actions that are up to each of us to observe will have the greatest impact protecting our families, our communities and ourselves.
- The inescapable reality is that the surfaces of a newly cleaned vehicle can no longer be assumed sanitary after riders climb aboard again.
- Across all Best Transit services, if there is an identifiable biohazard situation, the vehicle will be removed from service and disinfected.
- In the meantime, vehicles are being thoroughly cleaned on Saturdays and disinfected every day to ensure safety of our drivers and clients.
- On a daily basis, Best Transit staff sanitizes every vehicle with a spray disinfectant, including touch points, such as steering, door handles, window controllers and seatbelts, and the driver area.
- In addition, seats are spot cleaned as needed and floors are wet mopped.
- Weekly cleanings include windows and ceilings, while all vehicles continue to receive a deep cleaning every 30 days.
- Also drivers are provided supplies for disinfecting surfaces all day long.
CEO, Best Transit